Atira Property Management has managed the properties of its parent society: Atira Women's Resource Society for more than 20 years. Our experience with non-profit housing started in 1983, and we understand the unique requirements of not-for-profit societies, their funders, and funding programs.
Our full range of professional property management services are designed to support the mandates of our not-for-profit housing societies. We offer personalized services that meet the specific needs of each property, respecting each society's unique structure and objectives.
To tenants, advocacy and community groups, and anyone else who wants to be kept up to date on what is happening on the housing front for people in Vancouver who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please visit: www.vancouverhousingupdate.ca
- Preparing reports for annual general meetings
- Attending and reporting at annual general meetings
- Coordinating interactions with the Residential Tenancy Branch re: eviction disputes, arbitrations, etc.
- Preparing and maintaining a well-organized filing system for tenant files, including all correspondence, documents, contracts, forms and other data
- Regular site visits
- 24-hour emergency call service
- Managing bidding process for large tendered jobs
- Attending all final move-out inspections in cases of tenant dispute
- Managing insurance claims and meeting with insurance adjusters
- Managing annual re-bidding for trades and suppliers used routinely
- Ensuring trades people engaged for projects are bonded, insured, and covered by WorkSafeBC
- Advertising vacant units
- Providing legal notice of rent increases
- Processing/managing of security deposit refunds
- Selecting tenants and negotiating tenancy agreements
- Arranging payment of rent using pre-approved plans or post-dated cheques
- Working with society to conduct annual income testing of tenants, as needed
- Recruiting, interviewing, and checking applicants’ credit and other references
- Make recommendations on and manage all approved evictions including issuing notice, completing and processing legal documents, appearing in court, etc.
- Collection of monthly arrears rents and placement of arrears rents with a collection agency, as required
- Coordinating tenant meetings
- Fielding tenant complaints / concerns
- Monitoring tenants - enforcing rules and regulations of the property
- Working with the society/cooperative and any on-site staff to prepare a short and long-term maintenance plan
- Working with the society/cooperative and any on-site staff to prepare a short and long-term repair and replacement plan